Monday, February 25, 2008

THIEVERY CORPORATION



Thievery Corporation’s The Mirror Conspiracy (2000) is one of my favorite albums to listen to when I am relaxing. It is also one of my favorites to listen to when I am studying, which I am doing way too much of today. It keeps you chill and focused. Good stuff for being romantic as well, or at least from my experience. You probably know “Lebanese Blonde” from the Zach Braff movie Garden State. I am pretty sure the soundtrack won a grammy. Thievery Corporation is dub, acid jazz, down-tempo, chill out, lounge etc. Many songs have a great Indian/worldly vibe to it. I saw them live at Vegoose and their performance was magnificent. It was refreshing and something new for me to dance to. I was impressed by how ‘into’ them everyone got. It might be credited to the substances everyone was taking in preparation for Daft Punk’s final ‘Alive Tour’ show in the U.S., but regardless it was a classic performance. If you like Air, you should definitely give these guys a shot. Peace & Beats yall, I am off to study some more.

Top Tracks: “Lebanese Blonde,” “Shadows of Ourselves” and “Illumination”



No comments: