Thursday, February 28, 2008

CRYSTAL CASTLES


So I finally got my room booked for South by Southwest (SXSW) and I am totally excited. It is my first time to go and I have really high hopes for it to be a good festival. I’m thinking about doing a series of posts showcasing some of the artist I am looking forward to seeing there. Here it goes.

CRYSTAL CASTLES
Crystal Castles remix of Health’s “Crimewave” is my favorite song of the week. Sadly my blog hasn’t become popular enough for me to receive free promos yet, so I don’t know all there other good tracks, but “Magic Spells,” "Untrust Us" and “Air War” are really tight. Their remix of "Goodbooks" by Leni is splendid as well their remix of Divebomb "The Whip." This simple Canadian duo of Ethan Kath and Alice Glass are in the midst of a tour right now with Health. I’m hoping to check them out in Phoenix on March 11th; if I do I will let you know how they are live, but if not I am just going to have to wait until SXSW, which they have still yet to announce where and what day they are playing. Their debut album is due to hit your local record stores shelves March 18th. Peace and Beats

TOUR DATES WITH HEALTH:
02-28 Minneapolis, MN - Triple Rock Social Club
02-29 Winnipeg, Manitoba - Pyramid Cabaret
03-01 Regina, Saskatchewan - The Exchange
03-02 Calgary, Albert - The Warehouse
03-03 Edmonton, Alberta - The Starlite
03-05 Vancouver, British Columbia - Richard's on Richards
03-06 Seattle, WA - Chop Suey
03-07 Portland, OR - Backspace
03-08 San Francisco, CA - The Independent
03-09 Los Angeles, CA - The Roxy Theatre
03-10 San Diego, CA - Casbah
03-11 Phoenix, AZ - Brickhouse Theatre
03-12 Albuquerque, NM - Launch Pad
03-16 Denton, TX - Hailey's
03-17 Springfield, MO - Randy Bacon Studio & Gallery
03-19 DeKalb, IL - House Café
03-21 Cleveland, OH - Grog Shop
03-22 Philadelphia, PA - Transit
03-23 Baltimore, MD - Ottobar
03-25 Brooklyn, NY - Studio B
03-26 New York, NY - Mercury Lounge
03-27 Montreal, Quebec - Musee Juste Pour Rire
03-28 Toronto, Ontario - Circa

No comments: