Friday, February 29, 2008

ADAM FREELAND


Why is it that so many local DJs suck? Maybe it is just because I go to school in Tucson, but there should be good music everywhere damnit. Last night I asked the DJ at the local hipster/indie club, Club Congress, what style he is into and planning on playing tonight. The ignorant prick responded "why don't you just wait and see," and "I don't take request." Well he should. Of course he went on later and played dead jam after dead jam. Everyone was outside smoking cigarettes instead of inside dancing. The dj before him sucked too. The guys couldn't mix or beatmatch if their life depended on it. Being really into Crystal Castles at the moment, I asked him if he could play any of their stuff. I'm pretty sure he was lying when he told me that he couldn't because it wasn't his laptop. My roommate asked the next dj if he had any Mr. Oizo. Of course not. If only we had someone with talent playing here every weekend. Like an Adam Freeland spinning a set like he did for Global Underground: Mexico City? Now those are two sets that would fit the 'indie' and 'rave' crowd.

No comments: